Last Modified: June 13, 2020
- Information Collected
- Use of Your Information
- To provide any services offered and to operate Hiro Platform.
- To enhance or improve our users’ experiences.
- To to contact you via email or other electronic communications where you have an inquiry.
- To make available information regarding website ownership that may be catalogued on internet search engines.
- To notify you of additional Hiro services and updates.
- To share with third parties, with whom you have requested additional information relating to their products and services.
- To process your transactions.
- Anonymized Data
- Accessing and Editing Your Information
- Cookies and Tracking
- Third Party Access to Your Information
- Law Enforcement
- Opt Out of Commercial, Non-Commercial Communications and Do Not Track
- Third Parties
- Security Measures
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Age Compliance
- International Transfer
- Merger and Acquisition
- Privacy Notice for European Citizens
- Your PII
- Legitimate Purposes for Collecting Your PII
- Contract Administration - We may use your PII to (1) negotiate, execute, renew and/or manage a contract with you; and/or (2) communicate with you in respect of the above (including sending (legal) notifications).
- Access and Communications to Our Platform - We may use your PII to (1) set-up and manage your Hiro account; (2) interact with you through our Platform (e.g. updates, Platform announcements, etc.): and/or (3) manage and respond to your questions or comments (e.g. technical, commercial or administrative) or requests for maintenance and support.
- Use of the Platform - We may use your PII to (1) enable you to enjoy the use of, and easily navigate the Platform; and/or (2) better understand your needs and interests.
- Sharing with Third Parties – We may use your PII to share with our partner companies that we share data with.
- Allowing You To Access - We may use your PII to allow you to download your data or content from the Platform.
- Training and Improvements - We may use your PII to (1) train our employees or contractors to allow for a better Platform experience; and/or (2) improve the Platform.
- Direct Marketing - We may use your PII to contact you for additional products and services that you may be interested in.
- Retention of PII
- For any legally required duration.
- Until we no longer have a valid reason to keep or use your PII.
- Upon your request to modify any of your PII stored with us.
- Transfer of PII Outside of the EEC
- Sharing of Data with Third Parties
- Data Processor Usage of PII
- Internet Graphical Domain Authority to process your inquiries and to assist Hiro and providing services requested by you,
- Amazon Web Services – to host your PII and for infrastructure
- Heroku - to host your PII and for infrastructure
- GitHub – to use your PII for software development purposes to improve the Hiro Platform
- Twilio – to use your PII for marketing and electronic communications
- SendGrid – to use your PII for marketing and electronic communications
- Salesforce – to use your PII for marketing and electronic communications
- Stripe – to use your PII to process transactions
- Plaid – to use your PII to process transactions
- Avalara – to use your PII to provide tax and financial reporting
- Contact Information
At Hiro, we collect personally identifiable information ("PII") and non-personally identifiable ("Non-PII") information from you. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you personally. Non-personally identifiable information is information that must be combined with other information to identify you personally.
You will not be required to provide us any information when you visit our Platform. However, in order to access or use some portions of the Platform, we may collect PII such as your name, additional identifying information, email, telephone number, personal or business details, age, login and password information, customer ID, address, and social media information. We may also collect your relevant payment or credit card information if you wish to pay for any services offered via the Platform. Please be aware that all payment information shall be stored and processed by our third party payment processors.
Whenever you use our website, we may collect Non-PII from you, such as your IP address, zip code, browsing history, search history, and registration history, interactions with the Platform, usage information, location, referring URL, browser, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet service provider.
Some of your information will be visible to other users of the Platform to facilitate communication. We will never sell your information without your permission; however you agree that we may use your information in the following ways:
Please be aware that we me may collect and aggregate personally identifiable information from our Platform and may anonymize that information for our own research or internal purposes. Once such data has been anonymized, it cannot be traced back to you, the user.
You will be able to access any information contained in your account through our Platform. You may edit that information by changing the information listed in your account. If you have any questions or wish to review, change, or access any of your information collected by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After you have cancelled your account please be aware that we may keep inaccessible copies of your PII and non-PII subject to our data retention policies.
Although you are entering into an agreement with Hiro to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others to allow you to access the Platform.
If you decide to provide us with your contact information, you agree that we may send you communications via text and emails. However, you may unsubscribe from certain communications by notifying Hiro that you no longer wish to receive these communications, we will endeavour to promptly remove you from our once we have received that request. We currently do not offer functionality for you to opt out through "do not track" listings. If you wish to opt out of certain communications or information collection, please contact us at email@example.com.
Hiro or other users may post links to third party websites on Platform, which may include information that we have no control over. When accessing a third party site through our Platform, you acknowledge that you are aware that these third party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by us, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
We make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards. However, as this is the Internet, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
We intend to fully comply with American and international laws respecting children’s privacy including COPPA. Therefore, we do not collect or process any information for any persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13 and using our Platform, please stop immediately and do not submit any information to us. In the event that we have inadvertently collected any information from users under the age of 13 please contact us immediately.
In the event that Hiro is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
|Legal Rights||Your Rights Under the GDPR|
|The right to be informed||Hiro wishes to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.|
|The right to rectification||If the information Hiro holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. Please contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to erasure||Sometimes called "the right to be forgotten," if you have any questions regarding this right, please contact our team: email@example.com|
|The right to restrict processing||You have the right to ask Hiro to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We will only keep enough data to ensure that we can accommodate any additional requests. Please contact our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to data portability||Please contact our team if you wish to receive additional information regarding data portability.|
|The right to object||You have the right to object to Hiro processing your data even if our processing is due to legitimate purposes as described in our Privacy Notice, if you have any objections please contact our team at: email@example.com|
|The right to withdraw consent||If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and Hiro must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org|
The following are the specific legitimate purposes that we may use your PII for:
Hiro will only retain your PII for as long as required. We will keep your personal information:
Where you have requested modification of your PII, we may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not use your personal information or comply with any right to erasure. If you require additional details regarding the retention of your PII please contact us.
Where your PII is transferred outside of the EEC, Hiro shall ensure that your PII shall have an adequate level of protection and that your information will be accessible as stated under the Privacy Notice.
Aside from the uses listed within this Privacy Notice, Hiro does not share any of your PII with any third parties aside from third parties that are hired by us to assist us in processing your data (Data Processors) and our third party partners. All Data Processors have entered into binding agreements with us. Please be aware that we have entered into agreements with the following third parties: the Internet Graphical Domain Authority, Amazon Web Services, Heroku, GitHub, Twilio, SendGrid, Salesforce, Stripe, Plaid, and Avalara.
Our third party Data Processors shall use your PII as follows:
If you have any questions or require additional information related to our information collection practices, please contact us at email@example.com.